About the Community Banking in the 21st Century Research and Policy Conference Initiative
The Community Banking in the 21st Century Research and Policy conference is the nation’s premier conference for community banking-related research.
The conference is co-sponsored by the Federal Reserve System and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors (CSBS) and brings together community bankers, academics, policymakers and bank supervisors to discuss the latest academic research on community banking as well as important policy issues facing community banks.
Held annually at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, the conference also features the presentation of the results from the National Survey of Community Banks which is administered each year by the state banking commissioners and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors.
Since its 2013 debut, the conference has attracted speakers from a wide array of backgrounds and disciplines, including:
- Ben Bernanke, chairman, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- Lael Brainard, governor, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- James Bullard, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis President
- Charles Evans, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
- Esther L. George, president, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
- Jerome H. Powell, governor, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
- H.E. “Gene” Rainbolt, chairman, BancFirst Corporation, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Rebeca Romero Rainey, chairman and CEO Centinel Bank, Taos, New Mexico and chairman, Independent Community Bankers of America (2016 – 2017)
- John W. Ryan, president and CEO, Conference of State Bank Supervisors
- Reid Ryan, founding investor and board member for R Bank and R Corp Financial, Round Rock, Texas; president for business operations, Houston Astros Baseball Club
- Dorothy A. Savarese, chairman, president and CEO, The Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, Orleans, Mass., and chairman, American Bankers Association (2016 – 2017)
- Janet Yellen, chair, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System
The 2017 conference is scheduled for Oct. 4 – 5 at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.