Five Student Teams Advance to Final Round of CSBS Community Bank Case Study Competition
Five student teams from across the country recently advanced to the final round of the 2022 CSBS Community Bank Case Study Competition: Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa; James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia; Mansfield University of Pennsylvania, Mansfield, Pennsylvania; Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi, and the University of Southern Mississippi, Long Beach, Mississippi. The first, second and third place teams will be announced on July 12 via the CSBS YouTube channel and the CSBS Twitter feed (@CSBSNews).
The winning team will present its findings to case study to regulators, academics and industry leaders at the Community Banking Research Conference to be held Sept. 28-29 at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis and via an online conference platform. Their work will also be published in the annual CSBS Journal of Community Bank Case Studies.
The Case Study Competition, now in its eighth year, is open to undergraduate students in all fields of study as an opportunity to gain valuable first-hand knowledge of the banking industry. This year, the student teams partnered with local community banks to examine the changes within community banking over the past decade and what may happen in the next 10 years.
The finalists advanced through two rounds of judging and an original pool of 23 participating teams representing 21 universities, listed below:
- Adelphi University, Garden City, New York
- Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, Arkansas
- Bloomsburg University, Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
- Grove City College, Grove City, Pennsylvania
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia
- Kansas State University - Team 1, Manhattan, Kansas
- Kansas State University - Team 2, Manhattan, Kansas
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania - Team 1, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
- Kutztown University of Pennsylvania - Team 2, Kutztown, Pennsylvania
- Mansfield University of Pennsylvania, Mansfield, Pennsylvania
- Merrimack College, North Andover, Massachusetts
- MidAmerica Nazarene University, Olathe, Kansas
- Minnesota State University, Mankato, Minnesota
- Mississippi State University, Starkville, Mississippi
- Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, Kansas
- Rosemont College, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa
- University of Southern Mississippi, Long Beach, Mississippi
- University of Tennessee at Martin, Martin, Tennessee
- University of Texas at El Paso Texas
- Ursinus College, Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Well done to all who participated. Learn more about the competition on the CSBS website.