2019 Call for Papers Open Through May 31
The call for papers for the 2019 Community Banking in the 21st Century research and policy conference remains open through May 31. The conference committee seeks detailed abstracts or papers that explore all aspects of community banking, including, but not limited to:
• the role of community banks in the U.S. financial system,
• advantages and disadvantages of the community bank business model,
• the effects of government policy on community banks,
• significant challenges faced by community banks, and
• new opportunities for community banks.
The deadline to submit a detailed abstract or completed paper is by end of day on May 31, 2019. Submissions should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by July 19, 2019.
Each of the academic papers chosen to be presented at the conference will also be considered for an award that recognizes the paper that makes the most significant contribution to banking policy. The conference planning committee will judge the papers, and the winner will be announced in conjunction with the conference.
The conference, sponsored by the Federal Reserve, the Conference of State Bank Supervisors and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., will be held Oct. 1-2 at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.