2023 Conference Videos Available to View
If you could not tune into the live 2023 conference webcast, videos of each segment are now available to view via the CBRC website. Simply go to agenda and click on the new video links that have been added for the different segments. Some of these video highlights include:
- Welcoming remarks from Lise Kruse, commissioner, North Dakota Department of Financial Institutions ; Chair, CSBS, and Jeffrey Schmid, president and CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City;
- The opening keynote from Federal Reserve Gov. Miki Bowman;
- The presentation of findings from the 2023 CSBS Annual Survey of Community Banks (pdf);
- The afternoon keynote from FDIC Chairman Marty Gruenberg;
- The collegiate team from the University of Tennessee-Martin presenting the results of its award-winning 2023 CSBS Community Bank Case Study;
- The community banker keynote from Jeff Szyperski, president and CEO, Chesapeake Financial Shares, Inc. and Chesapeake Bank, Kilmarnock, Virginia;
- The closing panel discussion featuring moderator Brian Sullivan, Office of Communications, FDIC; Host of The FDIC Podcast and panelists Andy Anderson, president and CEO, Bank of Anguilla, Anguilla, Mississippi; Brenda Foster, president and CEO, First Western Bank and Trust, Minot, North Dakota; Charles 'Skip' Hageboeck, president and CEO, City National Bank and City Holding Company, South Charleston, West Virginia and Kiah Haslett, Banking and Fintech Editor, Bank Director
- Closing remarks from James Cooper, president and CEO, CSBS and the presentation of the “John W. Ryan Award for Most Significant Contribution to Community Banking Research” to the University of Georgia’s Siddharth Vij, who presented the winning paper co-authored with the University of Rochester’s Joseph Kalmenovitz on “Regulatory Risk Perception and Small Business Lending.” View the video of his presentation or read the paper.
To view all of the presentations of the papers selected for this conference, along with their respective academic moderators and community banker discussants, see the agenda.